Find the very best sandwiches at SandwichTalk.com. See numerous reviews or post your own! It will make you drool!
Food Truck Talk Partner Sites
Food Truck Talk
PizzaReports.com features reviews about the best pizza in the U.S. Join for free, it's a "slice" of heaven! Pepperoni included.
Buying A Food Truck?
Considering taking the leap into the food truck biz? Check out our food trucker resources, it will make your road smoother.
At times it seems like all the great food trucks in Orange County, California are overshadowed by the sheer number of great trucks in Los Angeles. Orange County has it’s own health regulations and requires separate permits from Los Angeles County, as a result the assortment of trucks roaming Orange County is very different from the LA scene.
Barcelona On The Go specializes in Spanish bistro cuisine, including tapas. We recently ran across the Barcelona On the Go food truck in Irvine, CA and ordered up the lead item on the menu board: Churrasco con Chimichurri! For those of you that don’t speak Spanish that means “Premium-Angus Top Sirloin with Chimichurri Sauce”, and it is served over fresh and crisp french fries. We were blown away by this dish, with all of us agreeing that if we were served this item in a fine-dining restaurant we would not be suprised. The Angus beef was cooked to perfection, and was juicy tender. The fries were outstanding. But what really impressed us was the freshness and full flavor of the Chimichurri sauce. Outstanding! We recommend bottling the sauce and selling it, it was that good.
The rest of the Barcelona On The Go menu all use fresh ingredients and are prepared to perfection. Other patrons stopped by in search of Barcelona’s Paella Valencia na (seafood & chicken paella). While this dish is not available every day those that have had it raved about it, and considered it one of the best food truck items that they have every had.
Spanish sandwiches are popular and include the Bocadillo de Pollo con Salsa Romesco (chicken breast with romesco sauce), Bocadillo de Serrano (Serrano ham sandwich) and the Catalan sausage sandwich.
Also available is a great Lentil Soup (with smoked ham), egg/potato frittatas, chicken turnovers and Manchego cheese croquettes.
There is no question you will not only enjoy the food at Barcelona On The Go but also appreciate the freshness of the ingredients and the care used in the preperation of true Spanish cuisine.
For those of you in the Los Angeles area (and beyond) it is worth the drive south for a visit to Barcelona On The Go!
Barcelona On The Go – Orange County, CA
- Dont miss TELLER 2.0 tomorrow! @SexyBurgerTruck @doschinos @thefliptruck @thelimetruck @BrcelonaOntheGo @SeabirdsTruck 18842 Teller, IRVINE
- RT @LATruckWagon: RT @BrcelonaOntheGo BrcelonaOntheGo: Put some spice in your life! Try our Spicy Fries with Chipotle Ketchup at... http://…
- Put some spice in your life! Try our Spicy Fries with Chipotle Ketchup at the Discovery Lot today until 2PM!... http://t.co/PAqTO0jiQ9
- RT @Foodtrucks_OC: RT @icgft: 11:30-2 TODAY at 15261 Laguna Canyon Drive @TheBurntTruck @adoboexpressoc @ChompChompTruck @BrcelonaOntheGo...
- RT @ICGFT: 11:30-2 TODAY at 15261 Laguna Canyon Drive @TheBurntTruck @adoboexpressoc @ChompChompTruck @BrcelonaOntheGo http://t.co/Qv6oxeDf…
Every good pitmaster has a secret recipe of dry spices and marinades, and Rob is no different. All of the Red Eye BBQ meats are rubbed with a combination of the super double-secret spices, marinaded and then slow smoked over a variety of woods for 12 to 15 hours. There is no rushing BBQ, if you want the real thing you need to cook the meat low and slow!
Red Eye BBQ has all the basic food groups perfected. The Pulled Pork is smoky, tender and so yummy. Likewise for the smoked brisket. The baby back ribs are tender, juicy and come off the bone just right. The BBQ smoked chicken is moist and delicious not dried out! Most of us who have tried smoking chicken at home end up with a dried out chicken, not at Red Eye. Sausages are also available (mild, medium, hot and kielbasa).
You can order your meats as a sandwich if you like. There are two varieties, the traditional on a potato bun, or open faced. The open faced sandwiches are extra special as the meat is piled high on a sweet corn muffin, drizzled with honey and then topped with bbq sauce! You’ll love the taste, just don’t get it on your shirt!
Next time I am in Orlando I am passing Disney World up and spending my time in BBQ heaven at Red Eye BBQ!
Red Eye BBQ – Orlando, FL
- Pan seared Blacked Grouper tonight http://t.co/0OOKEDN3F7
- RT @koreanbbq_2011: REMINDER: Yellow truck on Fern Creek/E Colonial is NOT a KOREAN BBQ TACO BOX. They change the original recipe and menu…
- Had some extra room in the smoker today so we smoked sausage.. Add it on to any meal today!
- Lines are in !! just need some beer now. Tap&Pour should be open in less the two weeks !! http://t.co/5PbUVOJTbX
- Kids eat free tonight
Schnitzel is a simple food, but very difficult to make well. I love getting a huge piece of Schnitzel while it is hot and fresh,w ith just the right amount of crunch and chewiness. I usually have leftovers and take them home for lunch the next day. Unfortunately, once reheated it just isn’t the same.
As a result of my experiences I was concerned about how well a shnitzel could be when prepared on a mobile food truck. Schnitzel & Things has proven my concerns to be unfounded. I ordered the traditional pork schnitzel, the pork cutlet was pounded thin, perfectly breaded and then lightly fried until crispy and served with the required lemon wedge. The portion has huge and hanging over the edge of my plate.
In addition to pork schnitzel you can order chicken schnitzel, cod schnitzel or a schnitz burger. Also available is bratwurst.
I ordered the Pork Schnitzel Platter which comes with two side dishes. I opted for the standards, Austrian potato salad and braised sauerkraut. This platter was clearly as good, if not better, than most (if not all) the sit-down restaurants that I have gotten schnitzel at.
Another thing that makes the schnitzel from Schnitzel and Things unique are the condiments they offer. Either on a schnitzel sandwich or platter you can add a condiment like pesto mayo, chipotle sour cream, ginger/scallion/garlic relish, tartar sauce, spicy siracha mayo, ketchup, mustard or mayo. Go with friends and get a variety of the condiments and try them all!
Oleg Voss, the owner of Schnitzel & Things, worked in investment banking in Vienna, Austria before he came back to New York City with an entrepenurial spirit and the talent to serve Austrian style schnitzel.
Hey Oleg, how about adding Austrian style Potato Pancakes with sides of sour cream and apple sauce? It would be a great addition to schnitzel heaven!
Schnitzel & Things – New York, NY
- It's almost lunchtime on 52nd btw 6th & 7th aves 1130-2pm or till we run out:) Come by or preorder call us 347-772-7341 see ya out!
- It's almost lunchtime on Hudson & King sts 1130-2:30p or till we run out:) Come by or preorder call us 347-772-7341 see ya out!
- Come check us out this week for lunch! http://t.co/805HBoKmjN
- It's Friday at WFC lunchtime is soon serving 11:15-2::30pm stop by its a glorious day! Preorders available until 12:30 call 347-772-7341 !
However, there is no doubt that once you experience Indian food you will enjoy it and be back. You just have to get over the fear. Perhaps a great way to begin your journey with Indian food is San Francisco’s Curry Up Now food trucks.
Curry Up Now serves a variety of Indian street food along with some Indian flavored twists on street foods from other parts of the world. Curry Up Now’s menu changes almost daily, but each day you can be sure you will be able to sample some unique and tasty dishes.
For your first visit I would recommend the Thali, this is a traditional Indian meal made up of small plates or bowls of a variety of dishes. At Curry Up Now the Thali includes parantha (whole wheat pan fried bread), methi pulao (fenugreek leaves with rice), chana masala (a spicy vegetable dish made with chickpeas with a mild citrus taste), and a “main item” which can include one of the following: kadhai chicken (a spicky chicken made with capsicum), chiken tikka masala (roasted chicken in an orange/red colored sauce that is creamy and lightly spiced), paneer tikka masala (similar to the chicken tikka masala only made with Indian cheese instead of chicken), slumdog bharta (eggplant) or keema matar aloo (minced meat curry with peas).
Curry Up Now also offers Samosa – traditionally a fried or baked pasty shell with a savory filling. Curry Up Now creates an “inside out phenomena” of a Samosa called the “Deconstructed” with either vegetables, chicken, ground meat or lamb.
Also available are traditional Kathi Rolls, chicken, beef or cheese rollups flavored with egg, picked onion, cilantro and chutney.
From the street foods of the world Curry Up Now offers Tacos and Burritos with chicken, vegetables, meat, or lamb seasoned with Indian spices.
Curry Up Now serves authentic Indian street food with some International twists. You are sure to enjoy your meal but also learn a lot about the history and culture of India. Whether a rookie or an Indian food fanatic Curry Up Now will please your palate.
Curry Up Now – San Francisco, CA
- Two Dinners tonight #sunnyvale 650 E El Camino Real outside Sunnyvale #Ford 5-8:30 & #DalyCity #Serramonte @sfcarts #otgsf New Market 5-9
- Burrito Alert #SanJose. Tomorrow, @MyEatClub will be delivering A lunch box of a #Burrito & #Samosa to our office. http://t.co/yQEkzyLA0D.
- RT @PacRimStFest: Excited to welcome @CurryUpNow to the @PacRimStFest today!
Since July, 2009 Big Truck Tacos has been a big hit in Oklahoma City, OK not only because of their great food but also because of their committment to the community.
Big Truck Tacos serves up innovative Mexican street food with a twist. Tacos, burritos, gorditos, and other Mexican and Latino cuisine that is made with the freshest ingredients and spiced up with some unique flavors.
The Big Truck Taco’s menu is rather extensive serving a wide variety of tacos, burritos, soups, salads and side dishes. In addition, you can start your day with a Big Truck Taco breakfast taco and be as adventerous as you like from a basic taco with egg and meat to the “Sam I Am” with egg, avocado, ham and cheese.
Big Truck Tacos has been active in the community by developing pink versions of their gear to support the campaign against breast cancer, holding a food drive to benefit the Regional Food Bank, and accepting (and matching) donations to support the disaster in Haiti.
Big Truck Tacos
Oklahoma City, OK
- special today!! beef picadillo quesadilla w/ spinach, btt cheez served w/ guac, pico, crema $8.50 100% of the... http://t.co/PlYjiTNkmo
- thanks so much to all the taco heads that came out today...some of ya even waited in the rain!! downtown truck's... http://t.co/OzMJZQW59W
- thanks so much for coming out to the truck downtown!!! http://t.co/SPrhfKo0zj
- this is our sister mutts special today, 100% of the sales goes to the red cross! http://t.co/9vq52Mu0pS
- 2 truck out today: 11-1 cards accepted, cash helps keep the line moving quickly. 100% of the sales from the... http://t.co/6cRu9LS165
Now Rosa has taken her Italian delicatessen skills to the street with Rosa’s Bella Cucina food truck. There’s nothing better than the smell and tastes from Italian Deli’s! Rosa’s menu starts with a selecton of deli sandwiches (Bambini sliders or larger Papa versions) served on garlic-toasted ciabattini. The “La Mamma Angelina” has imported Italian prosciutto, fresh mozzarella and marinated sun-dried tomatoes. I favor the “Il Classico” with ham, Genoa salami, provolone, lettuce, tomatoes and served with Rosa’s roasted pepper spread. Vegetarians will certainly end up craving the “Il Vegetariano” sandwich filled with fresh mozzarella, marinated eggplant, roasted red peppers and marinated artichokes.
Those wanting a hot sandwich will not be disappointed by Rosa’s “Polpette di Carne” also known as a meat ball sandwich or the “Melanzane alla Parmigiana”, fried eggplant slices layered with fresh mozzarella and covered with homemade marinara sauce.
Rosa’s Bella Cucina “rounds” out the menu with Arancini – spicy Italian rice balls. The “Sicilian” is filled with mozzarella, tomato meat sauce and peas while the “Spinaci” is filled with fresh mozzarella and spinich.
Although it is not available every day, for dessert Rosa offers “Zeppole”, the item that made her famous. Zeppole are light deep fried dough balls topped with powdered sugar and filled with custard, jelly, cannoli-style pasty cream or a mixture of butter and honey. Close watchers of “The Soprano’s” may have noticed Zeppoles featured in a few episodes.
Rosa serves Italian delicatessen favorites, adds some contemporary twists, and delivers some of the freshest Italian deli fare in Southern California.
Rosa’s Bella Cucina – Los Angeles, CA
- I liked a @YouTube video http://t.co/boxvSFvhb2 Sarah Silverman's Perfect Night featuring http://t.co/XYccRG011F-- YouTube Comedy Week
- I liked a @YouTube video http://t.co/ipxJGYKirI The Big Live Comedy Show - YouTube Comedy Week
- Good Luck gang:) (@YouTube http://t.co/ipxJGYKirI)
- en: http://t.co/ti5DCtDD25 via @youtube watch now