Archive for the ‘Florida’ Category
Every good pitmaster has a secret recipe of dry spices and marinades, and Rob is no different. All of the Red Eye BBQ meats are rubbed with a combination of the super double-secret spices, marinaded and then slow smoked over a variety of woods for 12 to 15 hours. There is no rushing BBQ, if you want the real thing you need to cook the meat low and slow!
Red Eye BBQ has all the basic food groups perfected. The Pulled Pork is smoky, tender and so yummy. Likewise for the smoked brisket. The baby back ribs are tender, juicy and come off the bone just right. The BBQ smoked chicken is moist and delicious not dried out! Most of us who have tried smoking chicken at home end up with a dried out chicken, not at Red Eye. Sausages are also available (mild, medium, hot and kielbasa).
You can order your meats as a sandwich if you like. There are two varieties, the traditional on a potato bun, or open faced. The open faced sandwiches are extra special as the meat is piled high on a sweet corn muffin, drizzled with honey and then topped with bbq sauce! You’ll love the taste, just don’t get it on your shirt!
Next time I am in Orlando I am passing Disney World up and spending my time in BBQ heaven at Red Eye BBQ!
Red Eye BBQ – Orlando, FL
- RT @MountDora: RT @redeyebbq: Red Eye BBQ is setup in front of town hall in Mt Dora .. Come get your Q on - Awesome pulled pork sandwich!!
- Red Eye BBQ is setup in front of town hall in Mt Dora .. Come get your Q on
- Do we have any fans in Mt. Dora today?
- Brunch start at 1030 this morning show this FB post and receive $5 off
Dog Eat Dog Food Truck offers a great variety of gourmet hot dogs, from the good old classics like Chili Dogs to new creations like the 305 Dog. Also available are the Not Dog (vegetarian) and the After Dog (dessert dog). Homemade potato and sweet potato chips are on the truck.
Dr. Brown’s (Black Cherry, Root Beer, and Cream Soda) refreshments are the available, the perfect companion for a hot dog!
Dog Eat Dog – Miami, FL
- RT @MiamiFoodTrucks: Tonight is First Fridays on Federal 400 south Federal Highway Hallandale Beach Fl. 5-10pm. All your Favorite Food.. ...
- http://t.co/5cuuxu3URd support my boy. Go there and vote please http://t.co/6bKljLOym3
- RT @BCTaco: Get your taco fix from us & your dog fix from @dogeatdogtruck #CypressCreekRoundUp 5-9, @MONSTERBURGERS @zombieice too!
- RT @BCTaco: #CypressCreekRoundUp tonight 5-9 w/ @dogeatdogtruck @MONSTERBURGERS & @zombieice! Are you as excited as we are?! Come hu ...
- RT @DolceGCupcakes: Windows open!!! #ArtsPark , find us between @dogeatdogtruck & @PorkaliciousFT #YummyFood & our #SweetTreats !!!
Via Twitter we asked which food trucks had the most outstanding short ribs! We received a variety of responses and thought we would share them with you. After all, who doesn’t like short ribs? (Maybe I should hire Randy Newman to compose a song called Short Ribs, sung to the melody of Short People??).
We have to thank @DeeRyan29 who pointed out that “@whereschacha’s does a short rib taco that’ll make you slap yo’ mama!” Cha Cha Chow (@whereschacha) food truck fills a flour tortilla with beef short ribs, red cabbage lime slaw, cheese and of course, Cha Cha Sauce. Hey, with a recommendation like that from DeeRyan29 how can you go wrong?
I gotta think that those in Ausin, Texas know something about ribs! And they do, check out Coreanos (@coreanosTX). They serve marinated beef short ribs served in a Korean BBQ style taco or burrito. Based on the number of times that Coreanos was recommended I think it’s a good bet they know how to braise! The OG Burrito sounds pretty neat: Marinated beef short ribs, french fries, Korean slaw, onion & cilantro, caramelized kimchi, sesame oil vinaigrette and garlic spread in a burrito!
Food truck goliath Kogi @kogibbq) also offers short ribs in taco and burritos! Kogi chops the korean bbq short rib into small pieces then puts them on the grill to creaty a “juicy char” from the carmelization.
In the other than Korean BBQ category there are quite a few entries including GastroPod Miami (@gastropodmiami) which presents their short ribs with in true gastropub form as sliders as well as ground up and made into short rib burgers! Also in Miami, the Slow Food Truck offers a “Short Rib n Dip” sandwich with crispy shallots, live watercress, cheese, and au jus (@slowfoodtruck).
The World Fare Bustaurant in Los Angeles serves from a double decker bus! They offer two variations of short ribs. The Short Rib Bunny is a worcestershire braised short rib, they also offer a red wine braised version. (@worldfare)
Across the river in New Jersey The Krave food truck features Korean BBQ tacos as well as a traditional Korean BBQ Rice Platter with short ribs, sticky white rice, kimchi, relish and sesame seeds. (@thekrave)
We are sure that there are plenty other food trucks serving beef short rib. Please leave a comment below to recommend your favorite and we’ll add them to our Short Rib Tour!
In Miami there is now grilled cheese love, presented by the Ms. Cheezious grilled cheese food truck. Unlike my grandma they present grilled cheese sandwiches that are not always traditional. (Note: From what I can remember my grandma did’t look like Ms. Cheezious’ logo girl either!!!).
I recommend starting on the bottom of Ms. Cheezious’ menu and working your way up, that way you won’t miss the “Sweet Meltdown”, ricotta cheese and orange marmalade blend on Texas toast served with chocolate dipping sauce. Yummy.
Also try the “Crabby Cheese Melt”, fresh made crab salad with sharp cheddar cheese on sourdough bread, or the “Grilled Harvest”, spiced apples and havarti cheese grilled to perfection on multi-grain bread. I’m sure these combinations never occurred to grandma.
Who doesn’t like bacon? Bacon lovers will appreciate the ”Grilled Blue and Bacon” featuring crisp bacon with creamy blue cheese and green onion on sourdough bread.
In addition to these and other specialty grilled cheese sandwiches you can custom make the sandwich of your choosing keeping it as simple or as complex as you like. Choose your bread, your cheese (American, Cheddar, Swiss, Gruyere, Blue, Brie, Havarti or Provolone) and any extra fillings you may like including bacon, ham, turkey, tomato or even apples!
For side dishes you can certainly get the traditional Tomato Soup, chili or fries!
Grandma might have recommended that a grilled cheese bagel with creamed cheese and lox be added to the Ms. Cheezious menu!
Everybody always needs a little comfort, and there is no doubt that Ms. Cheezious will give you that warm feeling with her gooey and unique grilled cheese sandwiches. A welcome addition to the South Florida food truck scene.
Ms. Cheezious – Miami FL
- Join us for dinner tomorrow in Hollywood at Young Circle 5:30-9:30pm http://t.co/xkevtcFoRP
- FREE CHOW this week. Details coming.. #TheHangover http://t.co/iIhB3qTPJP
- Who's excited for @TheHangover movie?!!!! We have a surprise for you this week...stay tuned :) http://t.co/kbH8C4jROG
- After Magic City we're headed to Wynwood at Gramps Bar for your late night muncheeez!!
Jefe’s has a heck of a decked out food truck so they can deliver quality ingredients in a very fast manner. No question, you should start with the fish taco. soft fresh corn tortillas stacked with Jefe’s Original beer batter crispy fish, shaved fresh green cabbage, authentic pico de gallo and cooling house made creme, with a squeeze from a fresh lime. It’s clearly the specialty of the house!
Friends of mine also love the Tacos Carnitas due to the delectable roasted salsa verde on each Carnita. Corn torillas are stacked with chucks of slow roasted pork, chopped onions and topped with the super special salasa verde.
Taquitos and burgers are also available from Jefe’s Original. But I prefer the authenticity of the tacos.
For your dessert palate cleansing options include Cracker Jack or Chicklets gum! For those with a bigger dessert appetite the “Chocolate Wipeout” chocolate cake is sometimes available upon request.
Jefe’s Original Fish Taco & Burgers- Miami, FL
- Monday #Vatos In Hollywood Burger Special "Pinche Cholo" Arts Park Circle The posse 5-9p!! http://t.co/MKNakQGegR
- Thanks for the great evening Mr Beast!! Congrats to the Winners!!
- #Vatos Back at you Monday Arts Park Get it in the Circle Hollywood!!
- do it now Magic City Casino!! http://t.co/X8dbe1rShJ
- pinche cholo only at Magic City Casino #Vatos in your hood!! http://t.co/RkWijvMLTX
Mexican born celebrity chef Ze Carlos Jimenez’s MexZican Gourmet is quickly becoming one of Miami’s favorite food trucks. The MexZican Gourmet serves “simply authentic” Mexican food creations. Chef Ze Carlos has a unique ability to combine a vast assortment of ingredients and spices to create healthy and great tasting dishes that remain true to his Mexican heritage.
The MexZican Gourmet’s menu starts with a variety of tacos. The variety begins with “Just Beef” (carne asada), “Simply Authentic” (Al Pastor), “Original Pork” (Michoacan style carnitas) and “Puebla Chicken” (chicken in a Puebla style sauce). However, the favorite is the “Legacy”, a brisket meat taco with Chorizo sausage, and Chicharron (fried pork rinds).
Other menu items bursting with flavor include the chicken or carne asada Quezadillas, gourmet chicken Toztadas and the Mexzican Sub Torta which is filled with your choice of protein along with refried beans, Oaxaca cheese, lettuce, tomato, onions, avocado and rajas.
The MexZican Gourmet takes tacos and traditional Mexican dishes to another level with bold and flavorful food. There is no doubt that the MexZican Gourmet is a welcome addition to the Miami-Ft. Lauderdale gourmet food truck scene!
The MexZican Gourmet – Miami & Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- #mahimahi tacos #mexicanfood #southmiami #mexicanos #chefzecarlos @ The MexZican Gourmet http://t.co/LfhblmYzp0
- #strawberryhorchata #mothersday #brunch #mexicanfood #southmiami @ The MexZican Gourmet http://t.co/ujeHNT6UcS
- #mothersday #brunch (Sunday, May 12 11:30a - 3p) #mimosas #chilaques #huevosrancheros… http://t.co/RGLoxicyvz