Meatyballs Mobile – Chicago, IL (@fossfoodtrucks)
What better way is there to start the new year then with Bull’s Testicles bought from a food truck that can’t prepare food on the truck? Which surprises you more? Chicago Health Department regulations prevent food trucks from actually cooking food on their truck, but you can dispense pre-made food. It’s quite the controversy in Chicago, and a battle is brewing being led by Meatyballs Mobile’s owner and renowned chef Phillip Foss.
Only a chef like Phillip Foss, a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America, and trained at great restaurants like New York’s Le Cirque would have “the balls” (if you pardon the expression) to fight the fight and prepare Bull’s Testicles in a pepper and tomato ragout? I’d love to have my wife step up to the Meatyballs Mobile window and order “Not Yo’ Daddy’s Balls!”
The rest of Meatyballs Mobile food truck’s menu is a bit more mainstream but clearly creative and filled with flavor. A few will attempt the Bull’s Testicles, the rest of us will enjoy sandwiches like the “BBQ Balls” with pulled pork shoulder, red cabbage, apples, and cola-bourbon BBQ sauce, the “Chicago Style Lobster Balls” with lobster, tomatoes, peppers, and saffron sauce, or the “Bouilla-Balls” with brandade, crab, shrimp, shellfish, marseilles veges, and rouille.
Vegetarians are not ignored, try the Ricotta Balls with ricotta dumplings, eggplant bolognese, and parsley pesto.
There’s always room for dessert, so Meatyballs Mobile offers “Chocolate Salty Balls.”
Stop by, meet Phillip Foss, try the balls of your choice, and be sure to find out how you can help change Chicago’s archaic regulations that are restricting the growth of the food truck phenomenan in Chicago.
Meatyballs Mobile - Chicago, IL
- RT @PhillipFoss: Food Truckies - See article & own comments on latest debacle w/Chicago's ordinance in @ChicagoTribune - cc @monicaeng h ...
- RT @PhillipFoss: Anti competitive suit should be filed re: food truck troubles. Commented on @GrubStreetCHI post re: police stalking - h ...
- Hey Meatyball Mobsters! Check out your Meatball Man @PhillipFoss in the Ball Cave... er... @ELideasChi - Best New Rest http://t.co/y4ipEKN3
- RT @uchiNOMgo: "Free Chicago's Mobile Vendors…" video featuring @uchicago's campus & the late @FossFoodTrucks http://t.co/jddUvchi @mdw2 ...
- dude i rented trucks from never removed logos RT @anmack84: @chifoodtruckz I see @fossfoodtrucks near Morgan & 31st sometimes.