Posts Tagged ‘mac and cheese’
Washingtonians crave Capmac’s Macaroni & Cheese not because it tasted like the stuff out of the box you got when you are a kid, but because it doesn’t. The freshly made CapMacNCheese elbow macaroni is smoothered in a Cheddar cheese sauce with pimentos and Cheez-It crackers! The pimentos are a nice addition as they add a little complexity and “grown-up” taste to the dish. The addition of the Cheez-It cracker crumbles is sheer brilliance as it adds not only texture but additional cheese taste.
CapMac also serves other macaroni specialties including Chicken Parmesan Meatballs over rigatoni and Beef Bolognese over rigatoni. I prefer rigatoni and other short pastas as they are easier to eat, especially if you intend to keep your shirt clean!
CapMac offers other MacNCheese mix-ins and combinations that alternate through the week. They also offer soups that regulars seem to really enjoy!
Portions are very large, and the pasta dishes are served in large cardboard containers.
CapMac is off to a fast start and I imagine they will offer a wider variety of comfort food choices in the weeks to come. Washington, DC is lucky to have CapMac, they serve up food to give you that warm and fuzzy feeling.
CapMac – Washington, DC
- Franklin we have landed right on the corner of 13th and K st, window opens at 11:15. Goat Mac special today!
- Franklin square were heading your way today!
- Metro center thanks for a great day! Were rolling out. Tomorrow we head to Franklin sq!
- Today's special - Goat cheese Mac served with balsamic glazed strawberries, roasted almonds and baby arugula.
- Metro center were bringing the Mac'n cheese love ur way today! Were on the corner of 12th & G out front of radioshack. Window opens at 11:30
The Southern Mac & Cheese Food Truck serves an alternating variety of around two dozen mac & cheese items. Favorites include andouille sausage and crawfish mac & cheese, smoked gouda, blue cheese and bacon mac & cheese, sun dried tomato and carmelized onion mac & cheese.
Did I get your cravings amped up? How about Cheddar Cheese with grilled Vienna beef franks, pulled chicken with a blue-cheese with Buffalo sauce, or smoked Gouda, apple and walnuts mac & cheese.
The Southern Mac & Cheese Truck stands out by serving outstanding mac and cheese specialties fused with unique flavors and ingredients. Comfortable, very comfortable.
The Southern Mac & Cheese Truck – Chicago, IL
- SOLD OUT - Thanks Hyde Park!
- Crawfish andouille selling like crazy. Hustle to 57th and Ellis and beat the crowd!
- At 57h and Ellis in Hyde park. Get there!
- Perfect weather for mac & cheese, Hyde Park we're looking forward to seeing you in a few hours!
- Were headed out tomorrow to Hyde Park with delicious flavors of mac & cheese! Who's coming out?!